Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Sky2 - Detritus Machine Review

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.
I was greatly surprised and happily enjoyed the back story of Nick and Anna. Definitely a great read.  Nick's job is to investigate recent government policies that are more brutal than any the world has seen. Then, people start showing up. People who don't belong there. Men who wish only to perpetrate violence on the repressed population. A woman searches for a life without killing while the city aches for release, shuddering with anticipation of open rebellion. I was blown away by Anna in the first book and loved getting to know her more in Sky2.  She is my favorite character,  you just never know what to expect from her. Nick doesn't seem to know whether he's terrified of her or enamored with her. The thing with this series, it's hard to decide whose side you're on. Every character has good and bad points and reasons to believe in their cause. Bill has somehow crafted a love at first sight that I can believe in because everything is not magically okay the second they meet. Their attraction does not overshadow the massive number of people dying. It also cannot be consummated because Nick already has a girlfriend back home. They are complicated and messed up and all the more real for it!
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment